About me

My photo
Riyadh, King Saud University, Saudi Arabia
This blog is a sample blog for my ESL students to follow. I asked them to start their own blogs to post their homework, or anything they want to share. Having a blog has helped in keeping us organized (no more papers to carry) and we got to know each other better in the process (student profiling). I advise all ESL teachers to ask their students to start a blog.

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Funny English


Some commonly used phrases - contradictory meaning brought together :

1) Clearly misunderstood
2) Exact Estimate
3) Small Crowd
4) Act Naturally
5) Found Missing
6) Fully Empty
7) Pretty ugly
8) Seriously funny
9) Only choice
10) Original copies

And the Mother of all......

11) Happily Married...

And there should be no two opinions on the last phrase...

No comments: